The Rockland County Department of Health is working closely with the CDC and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. For the latest information about COVID-19, you can visit our health department’s webpage at: http://rocklandgov.com/departments/health/coronavirus-covid-19/
For specific questions about COVID-19, NYSDOH has set up a 2019 Novel Coronavirus hotline which allows you to speak with a NYSDOH expert. They are available at 1-888-364-3065, Monday – Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. After hours, you may leave a voicemail message that will be returned.
View the most recent county press release about COVID-19 which details the steps we are taking locally to prepare for any potential, local cases.
Here are a few simple prevention tips from the CDC that you can use to lessen your exposure to germs:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.